Sunday, February 14, 2010

MY 14th FebruaRy 2010

HEY!
Here I go again..
Second day in Milano; started it with a big hearty breakfast at Doubletree Hotel Restaurant.
I had pineapple yoghurt, scramble eggs, turkey sausages, bacon, muffin, bread rolls and omelette with ham and cheese.
Am sure you can't imagine how big my stomach is; in order to contain those food.
But again...I did it well... I had cappuccino and complete my meal with grapefruit juice.

I took a slow walk to the tram stop just outside the hotel.
I made my way to DUOMO with 2 nice colleagues.
The temperature was about 8 degree celc; comfortable weather for me.
Cloudy and gloomy but in the absence of wind presence :)

Being the first time to Milan, I was very excited to see how DUOMO looks like and not to forget to browse through my shopping agenda.

DUOMO was magnificent!!!!
4 thumbs up and still counting...

Here is a lil info about DUOMO....
Milan's Duomo is the second largest Catholic cathedral in the world: only Seville Cathedral is larger (and St. Peter's Basilica doesn't count because it's not a cathedral).
Milan Cathedral is 157 meters long and 40,000 people can fit comfortably within.





The Duomo of Milan blurs the distinction between Gothic and neo-Gothic, for the Gothic west front was begun in 1616 and completed 200 years later. Only in its details does it reveal its Baroque and Neo-Classical date. From 1900 some of the less Gothic details of the facade were replaced in a true Gothic style, to designs of Giuseppe Brentano.



The roofline dissolves into openwork pinnacles that are punctuated by a grove of spires, topped with statues that overlook the city. The main spire is 109 meters high. These can all be investigated up close on a breathtaking walk on the roof.

The huge building is made of brick faced with marble from the quarries that Gian Galeazzo Visconti donated in perpetuity to the cathedral chapter.

I was a amazed at how great God is.
Thanks for the wisdom and knowledge for humankind to be able to build such a magical building!

"What a wonder it is! So grand, so solemn, so vast! And yet so delicate, so airy, so graceful!" --Mark Twain

It's valentine's day today so BACI (perugina) has got some photo booth or couple; it looks like some photo contest to me tho' seeing the facts that people are lining up and waiting for their turn to take picture.



Let me show you what i've got today!

This LV Damier Graphite Reversible Belt is not belong to me.
My relative asked me if I could get one for him; coz its definitely worth of money getting it in italy. Anyway I got it and he would definitely thank me for that! Its worth 390 euro >.<

I did not have the intention to buy more clothes and more pants and more dresses and more shoes anymore! (keep my fingers crossed) hehehe.... but when I saw this navvy blue cropped pants; am in love in it and again I break my promises to myself.
Well...its a treat on valentine's day!!! (arrghhh...another excuses again; but just this one please!)

That's all about today; its 4pm local time; am gonna rest well and sleep well coz I have to work tomorrow!!!
My sleeping beauty is the most important after all...

So I wish everybody enjoy the festive celebration and I Hope St. Valentine send his cupid to bring love to everyone!!!

God bless you... Have a great time!!!!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment